PROJECT TRANSFORMATION READING VOLUNTEERS NEEDED
Belmont UMC has signed up to read with children at Antioch UMC June 24—27, and we need volunteers. You can volunteer for one or more days based on your preference and availability. Reading will take place at Antioch UMC from 9:45 a.m.-12:15 p.m. each day. Orientation for new volunteers will take place at 9:15 a.m. each morning.
If you can help, contact Celia Joyner (615-483-3153) she will send you information. Be sure to let her know which day/days you would like to volunteer. Because you will be working with children, a recent background check is needed. Mark Hagewood (615-383-0832) at Belmont UMC can confirm if you have one on file. If not, Mark will send you the form.
Supplies are also still needed. Belmonters have been asked to contribute markers, yarn/ribbon and tissue paper. In addition, the literacy program is asking for up to 40 children’s book donations from each participating church. The books will be given to children participating in PT. Suggested book ideas are from Sacred Worth Books and Diverse Books for All Grades. A donation box is in the Iris Room entrance area.
Belmont UMC is committed to the following:
- Providing $2,000 to support an intern through the Outreach Committee;
- Providing reading tutors at Antioch UMC June 24-27;
- Rewarding good attendance (by children and youth) by having an attendance ice cream and games party on June 26;
- Contributing supplies such as tissue, yarn, ribbon, and markers in our donation box in the lobby from May 3—26;
- Contributing 40 new books for 10 children to keep.
PT has a wish list at pttennessee.org/wishlist and orders from the online retailer are delivered directly to the PT office. In addition, PT recommends books ordered from Sacred Worth and Edutopia. Please consider helping with these activities and participating in this rewarding ministry. Stay tuned for more information.