Click on one of the red links below to jump to a specific section.
Belmont supports and ministers to the local Nashville community by participating in community events, offering educational opportunities, and hosting community events. These include:
- Sponsoring a booth and welcoming people at the annual Nashville Pride Festival.
- Participating in the local Dining Out for Life evening.
- Participating in Nashville’s AIDS Walk.
- Hosting an annual Prom for LGBTQ teenagers who may feel excluded from their own high school Prom.
- Hosting college and job fairs that target the LGBTQ community.
- Coordinating events and programs with Out Central.
- Offering the This I Know bible study for those interested in a constructive, in-depth conversation on Christianity and homosexuality.
- Hosting film screenings and panel discussions.
Since 2014, Belmont UMC (along with 68 other congregations) has been working together with Nashville Organized for Action and Hope (NOAH) to bring about meaningful change in our city. We've accomplished this by listening to each other in "one-on-ones" and discerning our "burning bush" issues - things we're most passionate about. This is our chance to shape priorities and policies for change in Nashville. To learn more, click here.