Click here for more information about the study.
Belmont UMC was contacted to help spread to the word about an important paid survey taking place in the South. The survey is part of a larger study called the Vanderbilt University Social Networks, Aging, and Policy Study (VUSNAPS). The goal is to understand more about the social relationships, health, and aging of older LGBT adults. VUSNAPS is being conducted by and for the LGBT community with the support of Vanderbilt University and the National Institutes of Health. The results of this study are informing and shaping supportive policy and programs for older LGBT adults in the South. VUSNAPS reached out to our church because of the wide welcome we offer to the LGBT community. Click here for more information or to see if you're eligible for the study.
Information for Participants
Your opinions and experiences matter.
VUSNAPS is recruiting older LGBT adults across the South to participate in a study on relationships, health, and aging.
To qualify you must be:
- be 50 to 76 years old (born between 1944 and 1970)
- identify as lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, nonbinary, or gender nonconforming
- live in an active recruiting area in Alabama, North Carolina, or Tennessee
- complete three 60-minute online surveys over the next four years
- be paid $40 for the first survey, $50 for the second, and $60 for the third
- be paid $5 for referring another eligible person to the study who completes the survey (up to $25)
This study is being conducted by and for our community with the support of Vanderbilt University and the National Institutes of Health. We hope to use the results of this study to inform policy and programs for older LGBT adults in the South.