It's not too late to join the children's choirs!
Children’s choirs kicked off on Wednesday, August 20, with singing and cotton candy!
Children’s choirs began on August 20, but it’s not too late to join in! All children, ages 3-6th grade, are welcome on Wednesday nights from 6:15-7:00 p.m. on the second floor.
Back to school, and back to choir,
Some sing low, and some sing higher!
On August 20th, don’t be late!
For singing and games, we cannot wait!
Chapel Choir presents "A Technicolor Promise"
Click here to see more photos by Jim Bradford.
Chapel Choir at West End
Belmont's Chapel Choir listens to instructions as they prepare to sing with West End UMC's Chapel Choir on Feb.23, 2014.
Top 10 reasons to sing in a children's choir
10. You don’t have to wait a whole week to see your friends from church.
9. We learn to sing in different languages, like Spanish, French, Greek, and Latin.
8. Teachers who really care about you are waiting for you to come each Wednesday.
7. Learning about music keeps your brain muscles exercised.
6. We play instruments and musical games.
5. Hearing voices singing in harmony makes your spirits soar!
4. Singing in children’s choirs at church prepares you to be involved in music at your school or in community choirs.
3. Children in choirs help serve as musical leaders in worship.
2. Singing is fun!
1. God encourages us to “Make a joyful noise unto the Lord!”
God's Flock (Children ages 3 years)
Erin Pearce and Janet Stewart, teachers
Room 218- This group is introduced to music through simple songs, stories, and fun musical games from 6:15-7:00 p.m. Mid-August-early May.
Joyful Noise Singers Choir (Children ages 4 & 5)
Sarah McWhirt-Toler and Jennifer Bagwell, teachers
Room 220 - This group is introduced to music through the use of simple children's songs and fun musical games on Wednesday evenings from 6:15-7:00p.m Mid-August-early May. This choir sings in worship, typically once a month.
Music Makers (Children grades 1-2)
Amy Noon and Katie Pattullo, teachers
Room 217 - These young musicians learn the basics of music reading through singing and playing musical instruments. They meet on Wednesday evenings 6:15-7:00 p.m. Mid-August -early May. This choir sings in worship, typically once a month.
Chapel Choir (Children grades 3-6)
Christy Perkey, Accompanist, and Anne Trudel, Choir Assistant
Room 214 - This choral experience for elementary children continues to challenge the growing musician through singing, musical reading, and playing instruments. This choir meets on Wednesday evenings from 6:15-7:00p.m. Mid August-early May. Choristers sing in worship once a month, as well as participate in the Feast of Lights at Christmas. Each spring, children alternate participating in a children’s choir festival or presenting a musical.
Children's Chimes (Grades 5 & 6)
Gayle Sullivan, Director of Music and teacher
Hand bell room, behind the Sanctuary Choir room – This group for beginning hand bell ringers rehearses on Wednesdays, from 5:40-6:10 p.m. in the Fall for 8 weeks, and again in the Spring for 8 weeks. Children’s Chimes play in worship twice during the year.