Pastoral Ministries Team Assistant
(contact for worship, weddings, funerals)
615-383-0832, ext. 13
Susan is an ordained deacon in the United Methodist Church, leading persons, from cradle to grave, to grow deeper in their relationship with Jesus Christ and to be in service and ministry with others. She is experienced in designing, planning, and organizing worship services; inviting ministries with visitors and new members; and assimilating persons into the life of the congregation.
Susan, a lifelong United Methodist, grew-up in a parsonage family in East Tennessee. She earned a B.S. in Special Education and Elementary Education from East Tennessee State University. Through her love and experiences with her Down Syndrome brother, she felt a call into ministry and earned a M.A. in Christian Education from Scarritt Graduate School. She has served at Trinity UMC and Vestavia Hills UMC in Birmingham; Calvary UMC in Nashville; and Lewisburg First UMC. She also served on the Tennessee Conference Connectional Ministries staff.
Susan recently married Dennis Reid, an electrician who works at Home Depot. He has four children – Nick, who just graduated from Lackland AFB basic training; Shay a, high school senior; Shannon, a high school sophomore; and Sawyer, a fourth grader in Lewis County Schools.
Susan enjoys theater, creative writing, gardening, and entertaining family and friends.
|< Prev||Next >|
- Missions & Outreach
- Pledge to Belmont
- About us
- Guest and Visitor Information
- Belmont Reporter for 5-31-13
- Upcoming holiday closing
- Lift every voice! Open Door Singers homecoming concert
- Tennessee Annual Conference offering
- Music and Mission Camp 2013: Who is my neighbor?
- Announcements for the weekly email update and SS announcements
- Roela Victoria Rivera publishes inspirational book
- Blessings to the Class of 2013
- Soulfeast 2013: Come to the mountains for spiritual renewal, rest, and retreat
- UMR Communications, including United Methodist Reporter, to close
- Bowman Scholarship application deadline
- Summer evenings at Belmont UMC: Fellowship for all ages!
- Belmont Reporter for 5-17-13
- Envisioning our future
- An invitation to serve in Christian mission