Pastoral Ministries Team Assistant
(contact for worship, weddings, funerals)
615-383-0832, ext. 13
Susan is an ordained deacon in the United Methodist Church, leading persons, from cradle to grave, to grow deeper in their relationship with Jesus Christ and to be in service and ministry with others. She is experienced in designing, planning, and organizing worship services; inviting ministries with visitors and new members; and assimilating persons into the life of the congregation.
Susan, a lifelong United Methodist, grew-up in a parsonage family in East Tennessee. She earned a B.S. in Special Education and Elementary Education from East Tennessee State University. Through her love and experiences with her Down Syndrome brother, she felt a call into ministry and earned a M.A. in Christian Education from Scarritt Graduate School. She has served at Trinity UMC and Vestavia Hills UMC in Birmingham; Calvary UMC in Nashville; and Lewisburg First UMC. She also served on the Tennessee Conference Connectional Ministries staff.
Susan recently married Dennis Reid, an electrician who works at Home Depot. He has four children – Nick, who just graduated from Lackland AFB basic training; Shay a, high school senior; Shannon, a high school sophomore; and Sawyer, a fourth grader in Lewis County Schools.
Susan enjoys theater, creative writing, gardening, and entertaining family and friends.
|< Prev||Next >|
- Missions & Outreach
- Pledge to Belmont
- About us
- Guest and Visitor Information
- Upcoming holiday closing
- United Methodist Women in action
- Simplicity Sunday school class to offer new study
- Wednesday morning Bible study
- 2014 Belmont UMC Women's Event
- Children's choir will present "A Technicolor Promise"
- Driver needed for Thursday morning grocery run
- Love your neighbors by walking with them
- Discipleship in the United Methodist Church tradition
- Belmont News newsletter for 4-20-14
- Dine out with Belmont for Nashville Cares
- Give Ye Them To Eat mission
- Save the date for the youth choir homecoming concert!
- Our church will be a "Workshop of Wonders!"
- CROP Hunger Walk set for May 4