Pastoral Ministries Team Assistant
(contact for worship, weddings, funerals)
615-383-0832, ext. 13
Susan is an ordained deacon in the United Methodist Church, leading persons, from cradle to grave, to grow deeper in their relationship with Jesus Christ and to be in service and ministry with others. She is experienced in designing, planning, and organizing worship services; inviting ministries with visitors and new members; and assimilating persons into the life of the congregation.
Susan, a lifelong United Methodist, grew-up in a parsonage family in East Tennessee. She earned a B.S. in Special Education and Elementary Education from East Tennessee State University. Through her love and experiences with her Down Syndrome brother, she felt a call into ministry and earned a M.A. in Christian Education from Scarritt Graduate School. She has served at Trinity UMC and Vestavia Hills UMC in Birmingham; Calvary UMC in Nashville; and Lewisburg First UMC. She also served on the Tennessee Conference Connectional Ministries staff.
Susan recently married Dennis Reid, an electrician who works at Home Depot. He has four children – Nick, who just graduated from Lackland AFB basic training; Shay a, high school senior; Shannon, a high school sophomore; and Sawyer, a fourth grader in Lewis County Schools.
Susan enjoys theater, creative writing, gardening, and entertaining family and friends.
|< Prev||Next >|
- Missions & Outreach
- Pledge to Belmont
- About us
- Guest and Visitor Information
- Brighter Days program needs volunteers
- Family game day
- 2014 Operating Pledge Campaign update
- Belmont UMC's inclement weather policy
- Sale to benefit Heifer International
- Cookies needed for Feast of Lights reception
- Service of remembrance
- Upcoming holiday closings
- Advent at Belmont United Methodist Church
- 60th annual Carol Service and Feast of Lights
- 2013 Christmas Miracle Offering
- Youth working with Grace Place UMC to collect deodorant for incarcerated women
- Belmont News newsletter for 12-1-13
- Sunday services at Belmont United Methodist Church
- Advent Craft Night and Gift Fair