615-383-0832, ext. 24
Pam attended Hillsboro High School in Nashville. She received a B.A. in Anthropology from Duke University and then a M.S. in Speech and Hearing Sciences from Vanderbilt University. Later, she received her M. Div. at Vanderbilt and D. Min. in Christian Spirituality at Columbia Theological Seminary.
She worked in special education, corporate marketing, and university administration before entering full time ministry. Pam has served as a United Methodist pastor under appointment at Calvary UMC, The Upper Room, Duke Divinity School, Belle Meade UMC, The Upper Room (again), and now here at Belmont.
Pam's publications include:
Simply Wait: Cultivating Stillness in the Season of Advent (Upper Room Books, 2007)
The Awkward Season: Prayers for Lent (Upper Room Books, 2009)
Contributed to Becoming a Praying Congregation: Churchwide Leadership Tools, with Rueben P. Job (Abingdon, 2009)
Behold! Cultivating Attentiveness in the Season of Advent (Upper Room Books, 2011)
She is married to Ray Hawkins. They have two sons: Phil Hawkins, who is married to Heather in Louisville (with four grandchildren: Tyler, Hayden, Harper, and Emerson); and Erick Hawkins, who lives in Nashville.
Pam enjoys gardening, writing, photography, and drawing.
|< Prev||Next >|
- Missions & Outreach
- Pledge to Belmont
- About us
- Guest and Visitor Information
- Belmont Reporter for 5-31-13
- Upcoming holiday closing
- Lift every voice! Open Door Singers homecoming concert
- Tennessee Annual Conference offering
- Music and Mission Camp 2013: Who is my neighbor?
- Announcements for the weekly email update and SS announcements
- Roela Victoria Rivera publishes inspirational book
- Blessings to the Class of 2013
- Soulfeast 2013: Come to the mountains for spiritual renewal, rest, and retreat
- UMR Communications, including United Methodist Reporter, to close
- Bowman Scholarship application deadline
- Summer evenings at Belmont UMC: Fellowship for all ages!
- Belmont Reporter for 5-17-13
- Envisioning our future
- An invitation to serve in Christian mission