615-383-0832, ext. 24
Pam attended Hillsboro High School in Nashville. She received a B.A. in Anthropology from Duke University and then a M.S. in Speech and Hearing Sciences from Vanderbilt University. Later, she received her M. Div. at Vanderbilt and D. Min. in Christian Spirituality at Columbia Theological Seminary.
Pam has served as a United Methodist pastor under appointment at Calvary UMC, The Upper Room, Duke Divinity School, Belle Meade UMC, The Upper Room (again), and now here at Belmont. Pam feels particularly called to ministries of contemplative prayer, spiritual formation, worship, and reconciliation. She is active as a reconciling United Methodist.
Pam's publications include:
Simply Wait: Cultivating Stillness in the Season of Advent (Upper Room Books, 2007)
The Awkward Season: Prayers for Lent (Upper Room Books, 2009)
Contributed to Becoming a Praying Congregation: Churchwide Leadership Tools, with Rueben P. Job (Abingdon, 2009)
Behold! Cultivating Attentiveness in the Season of Advent (Upper Room Books, 2011)
She is married to Ray Hawkins. They have two sons: Phil Hawkins, who is married to Heather in Louisville (with four grandchildren: Tyler, Hayden, Harper, and Emerson); and Erick Hunt-Hawkins, who is married to Hailee Hunt-Hawkins, in Nashville.
Pam enjoys writing, yoga, gardening, and daydreaming.
|< Prev||Next >|
- Missions & Outreach
- Pledge to Belmont
- About us
- Guest and Visitor Information
- Room in the Inn volunteers needed
- Learn to “Serve From the Heart” with others at Belmont UMC
- Upcoming holiday closings
- Christmas Eve candlelight and Communion service
- Jesus, Bombs, and Ice Cream: Building a More Peaceful World
- January 5 Communion offering
- Belmont News newsletter for 12-22-13
- Christmas Miracle Offering update
- Divorce recovery class to be offered in January
- Gentle yoga on Wednesday nights at Belmont UMC
- Arts Council calling for "Creation" photos
- Belmont News newsletter for 12-15-13
- 2014 Operating Pledge Campaign update
- Belmont News newsletter for 12-8-13
- Upcoming senior adult activities