615-383-0832, ext. 24
Pam attended Hillsboro High School in Nashville. She received a B.A. in Anthropology from Duke University and then a M.S. in Speech and Hearing Sciences from Vanderbilt University. Later, she received her M. Div. at Vanderbilt and D. Min. in Christian Spirituality at Columbia Theological Seminary.
Pam has served as a United Methodist pastor under appointment at Calvary UMC, The Upper Room, Duke Divinity School, Belle Meade UMC, The Upper Room (again), and now here at Belmont. Pam feels particularly called to ministries of contemplative prayer, spiritual formation, worship, and reconciliation. She is active as a reconciling United Methodist.
Pam's publications include:
Simply Wait: Cultivating Stillness in the Season of Advent (Upper Room Books, 2007)
The Awkward Season: Prayers for Lent (Upper Room Books, 2009)
Contributed to Becoming a Praying Congregation: Churchwide Leadership Tools, with Rueben P. Job (Abingdon, 2009)
Behold! Cultivating Attentiveness in the Season of Advent (Upper Room Books, 2011)
She is married to Ray Hawkins. They have two sons: Phil Hawkins, who is married to Heather in Louisville (with four grandchildren: Tyler, Hayden, Harper, and Emerson); and Erick Hunt-Hawkins, who is married to Hailee Hunt-Hawkins, in Nashville.
Pam enjoys writing, yoga, gardening, and daydreaming.
|< Prev||Next >|
- Missions & Outreach
- Pledge to Belmont
- About us
- Guest and Visitor Information
- Upcoming holiday closing
- United Methodist Women in action
- Simplicity Sunday school class to offer new study
- Wednesday morning Bible study
- 2014 Belmont UMC Women's Event
- Children's choir will present "A Technicolor Promise"
- Driver needed for Thursday morning grocery run
- Love your neighbors by walking with them
- Discipleship in the United Methodist Church tradition
- Belmont News newsletter for 4-20-14
- Give Ye Them To Eat mission
- Dine out with Belmont for Nashville Cares
- Save the date for the youth choir homecoming concert!
- Our church will be a "Workshop of Wonders!"
- A gathering of writers