615-383-0832, ext. 24
Pam attended Hillsboro High School in Nashville. She received a B.A. in Anthropology from Duke University and then a M.S. in Speech and Hearing Sciences from Vanderbilt University. Later, she received her M. Div. at Vanderbilt and D. Min. in Christian Spirituality at Columbia Theological Seminary.
Pam has served as a United Methodist pastor under appointment at Calvary UMC, The Upper Room, Duke Divinity School, Belle Meade UMC, The Upper Room (again), and now here at Belmont. Pam feels particularly called to ministries of contemplative prayer, spiritual formation, worship, and reconciliation. She is active as a reconciling United Methodist.
Pam's publications include:
Simply Wait: Cultivating Stillness in the Season of Advent (Upper Room Books, 2007)
The Awkward Season: Prayers for Lent (Upper Room Books, 2009)
Contributed to Becoming a Praying Congregation: Churchwide Leadership Tools, with Rueben P. Job (Abingdon, 2009)
Behold! Cultivating Attentiveness in the Season of Advent (Upper Room Books, 2011)
She is married to Ray Hawkins. They have two sons: Phil Hawkins, who is married to Heather in Louisville (with four grandchildren: Tyler, Hayden, Harper, and Emerson); and Erick Hunt-Hawkins, who is married to Hailee Hunt-Hawkins, in Nashville.
Pam enjoys writing, yoga, gardening, and daydreaming.
|< Prev||Next >|
- Missions & Outreach
- Pledge to Belmont
- About us
- Guest and Visitor Information
- Lent at Belmont UMC
- Stations of the Cross 2014
- Reduce, reuse, and recycle during Lent
- Belmont News newsletter for 3-9-14
- A chapel where all are welcome
- Care Partners: A one-on-one ministry of compassion
- Discipleship in the United Methodist Church
- The youth plant sale is just around the corner!
- Sister Kathleen Flood to lead Lenten study on April 2
- Author and editor John S. Mogabgab at Belmont UMC on March 26
- Ministry Architects report
- Belmont News newsletter for 2-23-14
- Belmont News newsletter for 3-2-14
- Belmont News newsletter for 2-16-14
- Room in the Inn volunteers needed March 14 and 28